Determine if you need to visit us in person
We perform limited research for the public based on the nature of your research, the precision of available finding aids, and the arrangement of our collections. Making our finding aids available online allows patrons to determine whether to request copies of materials or to visit our facility. Specific requests for materials will result in much more accurate search results, possibly to the item level. Broad requests or research subjects will result in much larger search returns of whole folders, boxes or collections and possibly require a visit to our facility.
Photocopies of collection materials can be requested. Please contact the archivist regarding our policies and forms.
Before you visit
- Determine which collections you wish to use. Collection finding aids are available to view on this website. Some collections contain box and folder listings as well as item level descriptions. If you cannot view the website, please contact the archivist and copies can be emailed or mailed to you.
- Fill out a researcher form and make yourself familiar with our reading room and photocopy policies.
- Make an appointment with the archivist in advance of any visit. Generally, the School of Law is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, throughout the year. Appointments can be made to view and research the collections outside of these times with advance notice. To provide you with the best possible service, advance notice allows our staff to pull the material you wish to use as well as provide any additional services to facilitate efficient research.
Directions, Maps, and Visitor Information
The National Center for Remote Sensing, Air, and Space Law is located in Room 1059 (on the first floor) of the Robert C. Khayat Law Center, 481 Coliseum Drive, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677.
Located 80 miles south of Memphis, Tennessee, the closest major airport is Memphis International Airport. Regional airports include Tupelo Airport (50 miles east) and Jackson-Evers International Airport. The University also has a small local airport, University-Oxford Clegg Field.
Oxford is accessible from Highway 6 (off of Interstate 55, Batesville) and Highway 7 (off of Interstate 78).
Make reservations for taxi or rental cars as early as possible. Sports and other local events often exhaust local rental services. Hertz (901-345-5686 or 901-345-5683) or Avis at the Memphis International Airport will also deliver to Oxford, but additional fees apply will apply.
- Angel Taxi * 662-715-9382
- Rebel Taxi * 662-832-7433
- Rock Star Taxi * 662-701-7019
- Zingo Taxi * 662-234-1000
- Enterprise * 662-281-0508
- Rent A Wreck * 662-238-7777
For additional information about visiting Oxford, please visit the Oxford Convention and Visitors Bureau.